So South Carolina continues to decline. We had a very depressing meeting today at work. I work for the state — providing services to people in the community that have severe and debilitating disabilities. Because our wonderful TERRIBLE Governor Mark Sanford wants to be the biggest baddest fiscal conservative out there (in order to run for President one day, IMO, in which case, RUN to your polling place and vote him down), he is determined to not let the state run at a deficit. Which means SLASHING state run agencies. We have already laid off 14 people, and in the meeting today were told that another 6-8 will get laid off by February 20th. Not only does this suck for us employees, obviously, but this also means that up to 400 people (in our county alone) suffering from disabilities will no longer receive any services. And any people moving here with a disability will be denied services from the start. If you know anyone who has a child with a disability or has one themselves and is considering moving to South Carolina, please convince them otherwise. So I will keep you all posted on my job status — please pray for me because without this job/insurance, fertility treatments will be a no go. Also, no news on the pregnancy front — I should be getting my p.eriod this weekend, and RE told me to test if it didn’t come, because I would probably have to take meds to make it come this month. I just loathe testing, so I will probably wait until Monday or Tuesday to test.
On to better things, I got tagged! By the wonderful Hillary at Making me Mom!
A. Link to the person who tagged you.
B. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about you.
C. Tag 7 random people at the end, and include links to their blogs.
1. My name (Kylene) is Irish, and although I wasn’t technically named after her, my parents did like the name when they saw the 1979 Miss America winner, of course, named Kylene.
2. I’m obsessed with dying my hair. In order to curb the obsession and not fry my hair, I now have a system — the first cold day of the fall I run out and make an appointment to dye my hair dark. The first warm day of the spring, I run out and make an appointment to dye my hair light.
3. I’m left handed — I love being left handed, except for that when I write I smear everything, because I never learned the proper way.
4. I play piano (sort of). I am trying to pick it back up after a long hiatus.
5. The Sound of Music is my absolute FAV movie. Of all time. I have a long story as to why, so if you want to know, ask me and I’ll tell you in an email.
6. I seriously loathe public restrooms and squat if I absolutely have to use one, despite being privy to the unhealthiness of doing such squatting.
7. I grew up with a diabetic mom and so have a serious LOVE for all things aspartame. Again, despite being privy to the unhealthiness of such chemical.
So, I don’t think I know 7 other bloggers yet to tag to, but did want to tag my friend Julia over at her families’ blog.